A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - September 12
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - September 12
1969 - September 12
1971 - September 12
1972 - September 12
1973 - September 12
|We have no means to advertise very much, but our advertisement is the saṅkīrtana movement. We go from city to city, street to street, to invoke, invoke the spiritual consciousness of that. There is already there.|
|We are just begun from 1966, this movement, Hare Krsna movement, or Krsna consciousness movement, distributing this literature. Through literature, of course, we are very hopeful. Our literatures are selling.|
|In India still, there are many snake charmer. They, simply by mantra, they can get out the poison. Materially if it is possible, how much it is possible in spiritual?|
1974 - September 12
|The women are doing nicely, so why are they being changed from the pujari to the Sankirtana? These things should be done by the President. These are internal things, and you should not interfere. I do not approve of your changing the women.|
|Our propaganda is opening temples, and you are closing them. We are not for closing but for increasing. I do not approve of this. If possible the Edinburgh temple must be re-opened again.|
|We should always feel when we open a temple that the Deity is living and not dead stone or wood. It is a great offense. Before opening a temple it must be considered a hundred times, and after opening it cannot be closed.|
1975 - September 12
|If you continue as you are now doing by the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu you will be very successful. It is by His order that we are carrying this message all over the world. Do not neglect chanting Hare Krishna.|
|If you want to donate the profits of your store to the Book Trust, you can do by sending to the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, 3764 Watseka Ave., Los Angeles, Ca. Att: Sriman Ramesvara das.|
1976 - September 12
|On your recommendation I am accepting Usapati das for brahminical initiation and Kedara dasa shall be the spiritual name for Bhakta Kevin.|
|As you depend on me I similarly depend on you, parasparatam. The brahmanas and ksatriyas should cooperate, that is the Vedic civilization. The hands and legs should cooperate with the brain in order for the whole society to work properly.|