A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - September 03
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - September 03
|It is not that the Society cannot pay for the Murtis, but it is my desire that Indian Vaisnavas should be energetic in cooperating with this Krishna Consciousness movement in the Western countries.|
1969 - September 03
1971 - September 03
|This Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura's birthday, we should adore, we should worship, because in the modern age he reintroduced the disciplic succession.|
|So read books profusely, and learn the problems of life and the solution of life. Everything is there. Read it.|
|At night offer puris, milk and other nice preparations should be offered also. In the morning offer fruits and during the day time nice dhal, chopaties, etc. Sometimes special preparations can be offered on Sunday - Kachories, sweet balls.|
1972 - September 03
1973 - September 03
|The time was there some years ago when Australia would not allow any colored men to enter, but now you have allowed Caitanya Mahaprabhu to enter Australia and inundated the whole country with Hari Nama Sankirtana.|
1974 - September 03
1975 - September 03
|Regarding your difficulty in rendering Caitanya Bhagavata, yes you are right that you are overstepping your position. Better to stop it.|
|I am in due receipt of three copies of the new German edition of Caitanya Caritamrta Chapter 7 & 8. It is very nice. The printing is very good. Bengali types in a German country, is very good. They will take it.|
|You have been married for a year and a half but do not have any desire for children. Then why did you marry? That is my question. If you do not want children, then why did you marry? You should not take sannyasa.|
1976 - September 03
|Just like fighting soldiers, they are facing danger for the country. They are recognized. Similarly, those who are preachers - on behalf of Krsna preaching people to take to Krsna consciousness - they are great soldiers.|
|Nitāiyer koruṇā habe braje rādhā-kṛṣṇa pābe. These rascals, they do not know. Nitāi, balarāma hoila nitāi. So without the mercy of Balarāma, nobody can appreciate Vṛndāvana life. Jaya.|
|Everything is possible by Kṛṣṇa's inconceivable energy. Everything is possible. That is inconceivable. It is called therefore "inconceivable." You..., we cannot conceive how it is done. Our intelligence is very little. We cannot conceive.|