A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - October 31
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - October 31
- Letter A to Manager of First National City Bank of New York written from Tittenhurst, UK
- Letter B to Manager of First National City Bank of New York written from Tittenhurst, UK
- Letter to Dinesh written from Tittenhurst, UK
1972 - October 31
|Anukulyena krsnanusilanam means when you have accepted the bona fide spiritual master, you should work in such a way that your spiritual master is pleased with you. Then your path is very clear.|
1973 - October 31
|This is our real miserable condition of life. We have to die, we have to take birth again, and again we have to become old, and there will be disease. Between birth and death.|
|Māyā is very strong. Māyā is very strong. As soon as there is little discrepancy, immediately māyā catches.|
|This is to introduce you to Hari Goswami of the Radha Raman Mandir in Vrindaban. He is coming to Bombay and will meet you, so please receive him nicely. Later when our buildings are completed, he will join our movement and live with us.|
1974 - October 31
|I am very glad to note that you are seeing that the devotees are maintaining the devotional practices. This is the secret to success. Therefore I am stressing it.|
|Show yourself as an ideal Vaisnava, then you are my representative in fullness. We are not after titles and designations.|
|Actually these books are the foundation stone of our movement. Whatever we are is resting on these books, so far reading them and distributing them. This should be our only motto.|
|Please give me relief from all the managing so I can devote my brain to the literary work. It requires a great deal of concentration.|
1975 - October 31
|Perfection means to understand his real constitutional position, that he is not this material body; he is spirit soul, Brahman. That is perfection, perfection of knowledge, brahma-jñāna.|
1976 - October 31
|For me it is better to remain in Vrndavana or die. (laughter) Hm. Because they may be very envious, "Here is the man who is behind all this."|
1977 - October 31
|This is Indian culture, para-upakāra. Indian culture is not meant for exploiting others. Para-upakāra. That is human life, para-upakāra. And that is Caitanya Mahāprabhu's mission.|
|Krsna expanded as everything; therefore their affection increased. Now this chapter is ended after describing how their affection was overflowed on account of Krsna's expansions.|