A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - October 10
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - October 10
|We should not allow anyone to hold any function in our temple other than on Vaisnava principle. In your temple, if your finances condition is going on nicely then there is no need for allowing anyone to hold ceremonies against Vaisnava principle.|
|Diwali ceremony can be observed in the temple by illuminating hundreds of candles, in different parts of the temple, and offering special prasad to the Deity.|
|I am also trying to get one secretarial office in the Church Center of the United Nations, with a view to confer with the heads of the United Nations, both political and ecclesiastical, to propagate our Krishna Consciousness.|
1973 - October 10
1974 - October 10
1975 - October 10
|You are scientist? Ask them, "Don't come here." What is the use of scientist? Hmm? If they cannot stop... Stop it. Not only stop it; if the sea likes, it can overflow the whole thing.|
1976 - October 10
|That is why in our Vedic civilization to follow the principles of varnasrama-dharma is the preliminary duty of human form of life. And one who does not understand varnasrama-dharma and does not strive for it, he remains contaminated.|
1977 - October 10
|Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: What news? Bhavānanda Mahārāja, what news?|
Bhavānanda: Everything is nice at Māyāpur, Śrīla Prabhupāda.
Prabhupāda: Give me little detail.
|For myself, I may live or not live. It doesn't matter... I don't want, but if there is force... I am living still.|