A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 24
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - May 24
|Since I wrote you last an important negotiation is going on in respect of purchasing a very nice house for the ISKCON H.Q. in New York.|
|Please inform Hayagriva that Gargamuni has sent him the whole set of English Caitanya Caritamrta which he may read carefully and then return it back.|
1969 - May 24
|So when you go to preach, you know the preachers are sometimes attacked. Just like Nityananda Prabhu was attacked by Jagai-Madhai. And when Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, killed... So a preacher has the risk.|
|If we want to please Kṛṣṇa, we have to take this risk. Kṛṣṇa, guru. My spiritual master took this risk, preaching work, and he inspired us also to do that preaching work. And we are also imploring you to take this preaching work.|
1970 - May 24
1972 - May 24
1973 - May 24
1974 - May 24
|All such questions (Lord Jesus performed so many miracles. So what miracles did Krsna perform?). No sober questions.|
1975 - May 24
|Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement is meant for this purpose, that everyone should be raised to the platform of God consciousness. Then his human form of life is successful. Otherwise it is the life of cats and dogs.|
1976 - May 24
- Letter to Manager, Central Bank of India written from Honolulu
- Letter to Manager, Liberty Bank written from Honolulu
1977 - May 24
|These people are envious. Although they have become so-called Vaisnava, they are ferocious. They have not acquired the qualification of Vaisnava.|