A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 22
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - May 22
|I am seeing our Sankirtana is being accepted more and more in the Western World, and there is very good future for its spreading by the help of my very sincere disciples.|
1970 - May 22
|Brahmananda is going to Japan via Honolulu, and you will talk with him about improvement of our New Navadvipa scheme, and we will cooperate with you in all respects. If you want more hands, that will also be given.|
1972 - May 22
|So unfortunately, if our student falls a victim of vagina instead of Kṛṣṇa, that is very regrettable. Then better he worship, instead of Kṛṣṇa, let him worship Indra. That is the Bhāgavata direction.|
|Eternally means, now we are in this material world, we are being trained up how to serve Kṛṣṇa. This Deity worship—this is training. The same thing will continue when you go to Vaikuṇṭha or Vṛndāvana. The same way we shall personally serve.|
|Now do not worry that your husband will take sannyasa. I think I have told you before that I will not give him sannyasa at this point. He may travel very widely throughout the Germany zone and still remain Grhastha. He is more than Sannyas.|
|I think you should apply your talent for painting nice pictures of Krishna and the acaryas in our line, and also you may help Mohadananda in designing work for his press operation there in Sydney.|
1973 - May 22
1975 - May 22
|The material world in potency is always there. But it has got a manifestation beginning, and again end. It begins from God, and again it ends in God. But God is eternal.|
|Veda means knowledge, and anta means last stage, or end. Everything has got some end. So you are being educated. You are taking education. Where it shall end? That is called Vedanta. Where the ultimate point.|
|Don't forget that everything belongs to God. Because you have to run society, it does not mean that you forget the real thing.|
1976 - May 22
|If you want to know higher science - not this science, simply filling of the belly; not this science - higher science, which is above the fulfilling the belly, that, for that purpose, you have to go to guru. Guru means who knows more than you.|
1977 - May 22
|The system of management will go on as it is now. There is no need of changing. The money which is in my personal name in different banks, that is being spent for the society, and it will be society property.|
|Therefore I do not wish to leave Vṛndāvana. If by Kṛṣṇa's desire I survive, then we shall see later on.|