A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 20
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - May 20
1969 - May 20
1970 - May 20
1972 - May 20
|Our children in Dallas school should be trained because I want that a new generation of devotees shall carry on this great mission successfully.|
|Now you have got a first-class temple. Krishna is very pleased and has given you all facility, so you go on like this, increasing in your devotional attitudes and surely you will get the perfection of your life.|
1973 - May 20
|Now I am in Dallas and the climate here is very suitable with plenty of good sunshine. I shall remain here for a few days and if my health improves there will be no need for my going back to India.|
|My request is that you please take this Krsna Consciousness Movement very seriously. It is a great opportunity to become free once and for all from the clutches of Maya. Maya is very strong, but by taking shelter of Krsna, Maya cannot reach us.|
1975 - May 20
|It is your kindness that you accepted me. But I never expected. I never expected that "These people will accept." I never expected.|
|Our preaching is: Let one man understand Bhagavad-gita As It Is. We don't want disciples. I never collected disciples. I never compromised that "You can do whatever you like, and you become my disciple."|
|Don't try any hard task before you are very strong. Chant 16 rounds daily, follow the rules and regulations, and read our books. Don't become very big preacher immediately.|
|I am very glad to hear that you are keeping yourself busy preaching. Don't become a dead man. Always preach.|
1976 - May 20
|People are so rascal that they did not believe even the son of God, what to speak of His representative. What is that? Why Jesus Christ was killed? What was his fault?|
|Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demoniac and atheistic views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their fruitive activities and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.|
|You can continue to work at trying to get the park for constructing our temple there as previously planned. Keep me informed as to the progress.|
|If you do not come to Hawaii and you want to come to Los Angeles to meet me, then I can go to Los Angeles immediately. If you actually want to give me service, then you can live with me. I want your service.|
- Letter to Manager of Bank of America written from Honolulu
- Letter to Revatinandana written from Honolulu
1977 - May 20