A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - May 18
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1970 - May 18
1971 - May 18
1972 - May 18
|The Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement is propagating God's name, God's glory, God's activities, God's beauty, God's love. Everything. As we have got many things within this material world, all of them, they are in Kṛṣṇa. Whatever you have got.|
1973 - May 18
1976 - May 18
|They do not know what is the aim of life, and the nature's law is, unless you come to the point of understanding what is the aim of life, the nature will go on punishing you in so many ways.|
|If they think that they can do some business, let them do it. What can be done? If they cannot produce food, then let them do business.|
|If there is food, and if there is milk, that is sufficient. No brain required, and one glass milk, that is sufficient for the whole day.|
|You can inform the Mr. Motichand Shah, the gentleman who has started "Krishna Industries," that he can pay at least 50% of his income to the temple. If he wants to serve Krishna and he doesn't spend anything for Krishna, then it is not at all good.|
|Please be very sober in your dealings with these temple presidents, they are undoubtedly rendering a valuable service and are worthy of respect and encouragement.|
|Our aims and objects in the Krishna Consciousness Movement are very sublime. Kindly follow and you'll be happy and I'll be happy.|
1977 - May 18
|For ten days I was staying in Risikesh in a very nice house on the side of the Ganges River. But my health was not good and so I have come to Vrndavana where I will stay indefinitely.|