A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - March 17
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - March 17
|Mr. Martin the Finance Secretary seen to-day personally. Requested him to 4:80 per dollar in exchange. He formally agreed and will get it confirmed from sender and let me know finally. It is good news.|
1967 - March 17
1968 - March 17
|I am very much hopeful that this movement can be spread all over the whole world if we organize simply the performance of Kirtana and a little lecture on the principles of Krishna Consciousness.|
1970 - March 17
1971 - March 17
1972 - March 17
1973 - March 17
|Whatever position I have got it is by guru's mercy and the Vaiṣṇavas' blessings, otherwise I am insignificant. So I wish that Śrīdhara Mahārāja may bestow his blessings as he was doing always, and my Guru Mahārāja may help me.|
1974 - March 17
|They would all come to our place in procession, and we shall feed them. This program should be started immediately. And so that the whole day and night this nuisance will go on.|
1976 - March 17
|This kāmāturam mind will be cleansed. Not only be cleansed: if you thind of sex, you'll spite on it. This is Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement.|