A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - July 30
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - July 30
1970 - July 30
|I am very, very glad that you have got this feeling to not waste even a single moment in the service of the body and mind but to utilize very carefully every moment of life in the loving service of the Lord.|
|I am taking three Sannyasis on world tour. We shall reach to Hawaii first and I shall let you know then definitely what our plans are for coming to Tokyo.|
1971 - July 30
|You can become a life member of our society and then you can come to any one of our centers all over the world.|
|It is very nice temple and Gainesville appears to be a very good place for spreading Lord Caitanya's message. So work cooperatively with Hrdayananda and the other devotees there and make our Gainesville center a grand success.|
1972 - July 30
|If I defeat my godbrothers, then I am worthy to be called the guru of the Americans. Even there is competition in spiritual life.|
1973 - July 30
1974 - July 30
|Sri Mahadevia has kindly hosted me in Bombay before we have gotten our own place, so I am eager to see that he and his wife are nicely received at all our temples.|
1975 - July 30
|Cow is not very beautiful. (laughter) (break) ...in the human society the Jews are most beautiful. Is it a fact? Jews? Yehudi.|
|The conclusion is that everyone should take to this Krsna consciousness movement; otherwise, he is awaiting punishment by Yamaraja.|
|It is a very good sign that although you are not happy now you know it is only because you are not in the company of Krishna and the devotees.|
|In the authoritative transcendental literature which we have published as The Nectar of Devotion, it is stated that one can be liberated from all material suffering simply by seeing the Ratha Yatra cart passing.|
1976 - July 30
|Yes I will go to the Delhi temple when I come. You make all arrangements so that everything shall be nice there. I will also go to Madras if you arrange.|