A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - July 27
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - July 27
1968 - July 27
|Convince means you have to convince me with your reasoning power or presentation. That is not very difficult thing. Two lawyers are fighting in the court. They are convincing. Now the judgement is there. So that fighting means for convincing.|
1969 - July 27
1970 - July 27
|You are all my children and I love my American boys and girls who are sent to me by my spiritual master and I have accepted them as my disciples.|
|As soon as My Guru Maharaja saw that His neophyte disciples were increasing in number, He immediately decided to leave this world. To accept disciples means to take up the responsibility of absorbing the sinful reaction of life of the disciple.|
|ATTENTION TAMAL KRISHNA. YOUR LETTER 26TH JULY COME LOS ANGELES IMMEDIATELY. A C BHAKTIVEDANTA SWAMI.|
1971 - July 27
|To search out Kṛṣṇa by academic education, by mental speculation, by pursuits of different types of knowledge is not possible.|
|Enclosed herewith, some poems and articles for publication in BTG upon your approval. So far my writing is concerned, yes I want to settle down somewhere and write my books. That is my aim.|
|You have expressed such nice sentiments and I can see that you are making nice advancement in Krishna Consciousness.|
1973 - July 27
|Producing and distributing books is our most important engagement, all other engagements culminate in this one end - distribution of books.|
1975 - July 27
1976 - July 27
|Our preaching is based on kṛṣṇas tu bhagavān svayam (SB 1.3.28). They don’t agree. They say we are sectarian. Isn’t it? Their only aim is, how can Krishna be God? We have our God, he is God, he is God, everyone is God. That we won’t agree.|
|Now I am getting old. So it is little difficult for me to travel. Still I have to do and come and see. I have established my mission so I want to see that it is not spoiled.|
|I am teacher, my business is to give them direction. So if they follow the direction, their business is successful.|
1977 - July 27
|Our only interest is that you are taking interest in Krsna consciousness, working; otherwise we don't want to exploit you.|