A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - July 25
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - July 25
1968 - July 25
1970 - July 25
1971 - July 25
|Bhargava means the descendant of Brghu. Brghu is one of the great sages, seven sages, rotating around the polestar, seven sages. And Brghu Muni is one of them. Bhargava. In India there is still a brahmana's family, they are called Bhargava.|
|Our Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement we are teaching our students, how to fix up the mind always in Kṛṣṇa, some way or other. That is the first-class yoga system.|
|It will not be possible for me to visit New Vrindaban at this time. Perhaps in the future, when I return to U.S.A.|
|I have therefore decided to send more men from America to India to preach this cult all over the country. We require about 100 men minimum, out of whom there are about 40 men in Calcutta and Bombay and other places.|
1972 - July 25
1973 - July 25
1974 - July 25
|Laksmi's business is to stay engaged in Krsna's service. So all the money of the world, it should be engaged for Krsna's service.|
1975 - July 25
|My anxiety, that in my absence you may neglect Deity worship. Then the whole thing will be spoiled. That is my anxiety.|
|Bad work means maya and good work means God. There are two things: God and maya. If we do not act in godly situation then we must be acting in maya's clutches.|
|I am hereby accepting the following as my initiated disciples: Shombe Lumkin - Sri Lanka dasa. I also accept upon your recommendation the second brahminical initiation for Murari Caitanya dasa.|
|I am accepting the following as twice-born initiated brahmanas: Indriyadamana dasa Brahmacari, Mahabala dasa Brahmacari, Brajisma dasa Brahmacari, Vrsaktri dasa Brahmacari, Avyaya dasa Adhikari, Jyestha devi dasi, Navalanga devi dasi.|
|I am in due receipt of your letter from Vrindaban and am very engladdened to hear of your report how things are going on. You have given me great pleasure and I thank you for your attempt to please me.|
|Be sure and read my books very carefully, Bhagavad-gita, then Srimad-Bhagavatam, and then Caitanya Caritamrta. You should read every day without fail and become fixed in our philosophy.|
1976 - July 25
|I want everyone of our men to become first class preachers. So you want to preach that is best. Don't be worried, but go on with your preaching and you will be happy.|