A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - July 23
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - July 23
|I am sorry to learn that your health is not very good at the present time. The best thing is that you rest for some time until you are feeling stronger.|
- Letter to Manager of The Punjab National Bank written from Los Angeles
- Letter to Vamanadeva written from Los Angeles
|I am pleased to learn that you are situated nicely in Columbus and now Indira Dasi has agreed to become your wife.|
1971 - July 23
|Bhargava means the descendant of Brghu. Brghu is one of the great sages, seven sages, rotating around the polestar, seven sages. And Brghu Muni is one of them. Bhargava. In India there is still a brahmana's family, they are called Bhargava.|
|You surely must be a great devotee. Tulasi devi is growing so profusely there and that is surely to your credit. So continue with this valuable service and become fixed up in Krishna consciousness.|
|Lord Caitanya never played before ordinary men. Only before devotees. But for you to put on such plays for devotees only is not so practical. So plays of Krishna Lila should be avoided, unless it is very gravely performed.|
1972 - July 23
1973 - July 23
|Regarding your contemplating opening new centers, I have felt the pulse of your country and that is, that wherever we open a small branch it will develop.|
- Letter to Karandhara written from Bhaktivedanta Manor, UK
- Letter to Kurusrestha written from Bhaktivedanta Manor, UK
1975 - July 23
|Your proposal for travelling and distributing books all over India is very good. Krishna will bless you with His mercy. Take books and sell and spend for your expenses.|
|Now I have received one letter from Bhakti Mati and she has some complaint. She also says there was some physical attack against Navayogendra. This is not good. So I think they can open a separate temple in Mombassa for the Asian community.|
|Send me a report of the Bombay affairs. You should send reports regularly. Copies of your letters may be sent to Los Angeles and New York during the next thirty days as I will be touring.|
1976 - July 23
|First of all we cannot understand it, and if the Supreme Personality of Godhead comes personally to speak about Himself, we do not believe it. This is our position.|