A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - January 27
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - January 27
1970 - January 27
|Our first and foremost business is to preach and by Krishna's Grace you have taken this task very seriously. It will have good effects, so continue this program.|
|When I think of Radha-Krishna, I think of first the Radha-Govinda Vigraha of Mullicks Thakurabati because from my very childhood I am devoted to the same Deity.|
|A sincere disciple feels it pleasurable when his Spiritual Master chastises him with calling him such names as fool and rascal. My Spiritual Master sometimes called me in that way and I remember that day always and feel transcendental pleasure.|
|Extend your activities to the University campus because the younger generation is our future hope. Bamboo while it is green can be bent and carved, but while it is yellow and ripe if there is any attempt to bend it, it cracks.|
1971 - January 27
|Be very serious to develop New Vrindaban nicely so that we can show the world how the ideal God-conscious community is working.|
|Also it is good to note that you are writing these children's books to comply with the academic standards of the public schools. In this way you should seriously work to compile these books along with the help of Krishna Bhamini.|
|I am so glad to hear that you have now opened a center in Tucson, Arizona. It has been my desire to open 108 branches of our society all over the world and due to the sincere efforts of devotees such as your good self, it is actually happening.|
1973 - January 27
|My only request is that all of you try to chant this Hare Krsna maha-mantra and, if possible, read Krsna book, Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Don't read Bhagavad-gita where the attempt is to kill Krsna|
1975 - January 27
|Kama-haitukam means just like a man and woman mix together, then there is sex desire and there is a production of child. There is no question of controlling. It is timely interaction of different elements.|
1976 - January 27
|Our real propaganda is to chant the Hare Krishna Maha-mantra, and let the mass of people chant and dance with us. If this movie induces people to chant and dance it is O.K. If it aids our cause then it is welcome.|
- Letter to Sri Birendra Kisora Roy written from Mayapur
- Letter to Sri Gunendunath Chaudhury written from Mayapur
|I request you to come here to Mayapur. Live with us for some time, see the situation and conduct of your living with us, and then we shall decide what to do next.|
1977 - January 27
|We want to understand God through philosophy. "Through philosophy" means logic. Blind faith is not our business.|
|This is to formally introduce Mr. Surrendra Kumar, a good friend of our Society. He will be traveling in the west and I request you to give him a respectful reception.|