A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - January 19
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1967 - January 19
- Letter to Brahmananda, Hayagriva, Kirtanananda, Satsvarupa, Gargamuni, Acyutananda and Jadurani written from San Francisco
|If you feel very strongly about my absence you may place my pictures on my sitting places and this will be source of inspiration for you.|
1969 - January 19
|Your child is very nice, and Krishna has given him a great opportunity to perfect himself in spiritual life because He has placed him under the care of a mother who is a sincere devotee. Try to help him grow up peacefully in Krishna Consciousness.|
1970 - January 19
|I am surprised to see one item: withdrawal of $10.08 (ten dollars and eight cents) on the 16th December, 1969. I have not withdrawn anything, so how it so happens? Please therefore correct the pass book sent herewith, and send it back.|
1972 - January 19
1974 - January 19
|When you chant, that is also kirtana; when you distribute book, that is also kirtana. When you read book, that is also kirtana.|
|Those who are in the preaching work, they are very much recognized by Krsna. He says, Nobody is dearer than him, one who is preaching, engaged in the preaching.|
- Letter to Gurudasa written from Honolulu
- Letter to Manager of Punjab National Bank written from Honolulu
|The purpose of sending this money is to construct our Krsna-Balarama temple at Raman Reti in Vrindaban. This money is a contribution of my ISKCON temples here in the U.S.A.|
|Henceforward all collections for Vrindaban Temple Construction should be deposited in this newly opened fund account.|
1975 - January 19
|By Krishna's grace, you are very much engaged there. It is very encouraging. I will be going to Hawaii on Jan. 24th via Hong Kong and Tokyo, arriving in Honolulu about the 29th. If you like, you can see me there.|
|Now, we should have self-sufficiency. This means to make our own food grains grow and to weave our own cloth - like in Mayapur. If we have food grains, milk, and cloth life becomes easy and we can save time for preaching and chanting.|
|Every volume of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Caitanya Caritamrta and any other big volumes, must have a full index. It is not a very prestigious presentation without the index. All volumes in the future must have the index.|
1976 - January 19
1977 - January 19