A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - February 26
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - February 26
1969 - February 26
1970 - February 26
1971 - February 26
|So far as your being replaced as President of Boston temple, I have no objection. For better management of the whole institution, the governing body commission is responsible.|
|So far as my translating of the rest of Srimad-Bhagavatam is concerned, that is my next program. After returning from India I shall be seriously engaged in translating work.|
1972 - February 26
1973 - February 26
1974 - February 26
1975 - February 26
1976 - February 26
|I do not know why our disciples are so anxious to take sannyasa, at least those who are outside. Everyone comes: "Give me sannyasa." What is the idea?|
|So what kind of leader? If you cannot lead others, what kind of leader? If you mislead them, if you mislead them, then what is the use of taking leadership?|
|That means there is no Kṛṣṇa. The real disease is there is no Kṛṣṇa. Therefore he'll (the devotee) be agitated, either reading or working.|
|I do not know the program in Hungary, but London speaking is more important, going to the colleges and universities.|
|I understand from our Life Member Sri Saral Kumar Das Gupta that you are interested in Krishna Consciousness Movement. I therefore invite you to come to Sri Mayapur Chandrodaya Mandir to stay with us and see our Krishna Conscious activities here.|
1977 - February 26
|Brahmānanda: Many gurus and svāmīs have come to the West, but they have not established not one temple. And Prabhupāda has established one hundred.|
Prabhupāda: Neither so many devotees.
|This body is today or tomorrow finished. We should not be very much bothered about the body. Trees also live for thousands of years but that does not mean a successful life. A successful life is one of Krishna consciousness.|