A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - December 07
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - December 07
1967 - December 07
|Regarding beautifying the temple, we should always know that every place is temporary, but wherever we live we should decorate and beautify it for Krishna, so go on decorating our temple as nicely as possible.|
1969 - December 07
|Any boy who comes there, please take special care of them. As it generally said, the child is the father of the man. So if we can train little boys to Krishna Consciousness, it will be a great help to our future activities.|
1970 - December 07
1972 - December 07
|According to Vedic system, therefore, there is forced renunciation. Nobody wants to retire from family life, but the Vedic injunction is that after one has passed fifty years, he must leave his family life.|
|If the conveyance is not yet signed or there is difficulty, then immediately take back the money from the attorneys (3 lakhs), and make a fixed deposit with the bank for six months.|
1973 - December 07
1974 - December 07
1975 - December 07
|Prabhupāda: If a sannyāsī is not offered respect, the punishment is that he should fast one day. That is śāstric injunction.|
Guṇārṇava: What is the punishment if one doesn't fast?
Prabhupāda: You must go to hell. (laughter) (break)
|No you should not install Gaura nitai deities if you do not have the required Brahmins. Better wait.|
|I am so much indebted to you nice boys and girls who are helping me in this mission that I always pray to Krishna for your advancement in Going back to Godhead more and more. Thank you.|
1976 - December 07
|You say, "They mistake." Who are "they"? You say you do mistake. Don't say "they." This is bureaucracy, "they." You are all "they." Anyway, whatever is done, immediately make arrangement.|
|You say that everyone is working without any caste or race consideration. That is required. That is the basic standard of Krsna Consciousness.|
|Try to make Bhagavata Darsana a regular monthly journal. We have got enough material. Simply it has to be translated to Bengali. Either from old Back to Godheads or from our books.|