A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - August 27
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - August 27
1967 - August 27
|The impersonalist cannot reciprocate. Krishna does not take anything from them, neither does He give them anything. The Impersonal, therefore, simply enjoys the troubles of speculation.|
|The Spirit Soul is certainly eternal and changeless; and the fall is superficial, just like the relation between father and son cannot be broken ever. Now we are simply in a phase of forgetfulness, and this forgetfulness is called Maya.|
1969 - August 27
1970 - August 27
1971 - August 27
|If things are going on nicely there then we can send some more men later on but first of all try with these two men. Hold kirtanas, distribute prasadam and hold discourses and I am sure that this process will soften the hard stone.|
|Now your duty is to organize Delhi center and if possible hold a meeting there like in Bombay and Calcutta at the Gandhi maidan.|
|I have just received one letter from Mohanananda in Dallas and he wants to purchase a very large property very much suitable for our purpose. He also proposes to have an acredited school there for the society children.|
|Please be happy with the newly installed Deities there in New Vrindavan and take very greatest of care for them. Dress them nicely, clothe them nicely with garlands and offer very nice foodstuffs.|
1972 - August 27
1973 - August 27
|This is gopīs' desire. They want to see Kṛṣṇa always, without being disturbed by the eyelids. This is Kṛṣṇa consciousness. The moment the eyes are being closed by the eyelids is intolerable by them. This is perfection of Kṛṣṇa consciousness.|
1975 - August 27
|Advancement of Kṛṣṇa consciousness means he's no more interested with anything material. That is Kṛṣṇa conscious.|
1976 - August 27
|Inquires, "Why you are chanting?" The simple reply is that "We have to go somewhere after death. We are going to Godhead. And you do not know where you'll go."|