A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - April 29
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1966 - April 29
1968 - April 29
|Yes, the idea to make S.F. our headquarters, that is in my mind, but that church is not yet settled. The man is prolonging it. Actually, if you get the church I shall make that my headquarters, and I shall come there to your temple occasionally.|
1969 - April 29
|So then you should not give publicity. You must even in the beginning verify that we are not hippies. Hare Kṛṣṇa movement is not for hippies. In many places this is a notion, that we are hippies.|
1970 - April 29
- Lecture ISO and Initiations - Los Angeles
- Letter to Brahmananda written from Los Angeles
- Letter to Cidananda written from Los Angeles
|I invite you to come visit me here in L.A. for a week or so, then you can speak with me directly. So please try to come here at your earliest convenience, and that will be very nice.|
1971 - April 29
1972 - April 29
1973 - April 29
|I thank you very much. Yes, I will come for the ground breaking ceremony because it is special event. So you please send tickets for four of us to come.|
1974 - April 29
|They have taken you as a serious candidate and according to your statement, you feel you may even win. So I am very much encouraged by this political field in America.|
|This early rising, holding classes, going out regularly for sankirtana, worshiping the deity are the very substance of devotional life.|
|We require many first class devotees to make the temple alive with transcendental bliss, so as your departure is also sanctioned by Jayatirtha, you make your plans and come to Vrindaban at your convenience.|
1977 - April 29
|So many temples. I have given my program how to manage it. Now you see. That is my anxiety, that there may not be any discrepancies or slackness. Am I right or wrong?|