A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - April 23
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1969 - April 23
1970 - April 23
|Regarding London temple, I can appreciate very much that your goodness is anxious to have an imposing temple in London, so in my next opportunity I shall take up this matter more seriously and I shall let you know in due course.|
1971 - April 23
- Letter to Manager of Bank of Baroda written from Bombay
- Letter to Professor G. G. Kotovsky written from Bombay
1972 - April 23
|Your endeavors to spread Krishna consciousness by means of radio and television is very encouraging to me, and I am looking forward to participating in this program when I return to Los Angeles soon.|
1973 - April 23
|We should not love Kṛṣṇa for some material gain. It is not that: "Kṛṣṇa, give us our daily bread. Then I love You. Kṛṣṇa, give me this. Then I love You." There is no such mercantile exchange. That is wanted. Kṛṣṇa wants that kind of love.|
|I request you to seriously become convinced of this Krishna consciousness movement as you are understanding it and by strictly following the rules I have given you, you will get strength to convince others nicely.|
1974 - April 23
|Unless one is free from all sinful activities, simply by acting piously. They can understand what is Kṛṣṇa and what is Kṛṣṇa worship. Others cannot do.|
1975 - April 23
1976 - April 23
|So far your daughter's marriage is concerned, I have no business. I cannot negotiate marriage. That is impossible. Neither there is any need for her to be sent to India.|
|Four don'ts and one do: No illicit sex-life, no intoxication, no gambling, no meat-eating . . . and always chanting Hare Krishna, minimum 16 rounds daily. If you take very seriously these principles then Krishna will bless you without any doubt.|
1977 - April 23