A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - April 18
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1961 - April 18
1967 - April 18
1970 - April 18
|Our philosophy is that we must apply in practical life what we believe. In this age no other philosophy or process of self-realization will be practical and effective as Krishna Consciousness is.|
|In London Yamuna is also doing nicely, and all the wives of our students should be especially trained up for Deity worship and cooking, and when possible they should go outside on Sankirtana Party with their husbands and others.|
|What you are now doing on the Bhagavad Gita manuscript is alright, do it nicely. I have got the second part of Krsna also. I want to send it to you, so when you are free let me know and I will send it.|
1972 - April 18
1973 - April 18
|If there is any suitable property available, please send me the particulars, what is the description, the price, the income. Please do this at your earliest.|
|For Caitanya-caritamrta 19 pages of manuscript were sent yesterday and today they are sending 30 pages. So you go on making Caitanya-caritamrta and print chapterwise, and that will be very nice.|
|I have left India on April 1, 1973 so now it is almost 20 days and I have received no report from India. There are so many questions and answers for India, the Bombay, and Hyderabad, but I am in darkness.|
1974 - April 18
|They are young boys, young girls. They could enjoy life in their county very nicely. But the name is so powerful. I started this movement simply by chanting this Hare Krsna. Still we are going that.|
1975 - April 18
1977 - April 18
|A preacher is giving real sense. To awaken this sense, Kṛṣṇa had to come personally. And he is doing the same work: "Surrender to Kṛṣṇa." How much great service it is.|
|Do not worry. I have not stopped my business. I am writing at night even though I am not quite fit. Thank you all for your prayers.|