A Day in the Life of Srila Prabhupada - April 09
Srila Prabhupada's letters, lectures and conversations throughout consecutive years
- Click on the year dates to go to the Timeline of Srila Prabhupada's Life for that year.
- This listing covers all available material and includes:
- 10,300+ links to Vanisource - our repository of all of Srila Prabhupada's words;
- 450+ short audio clips - Nectar Drops from Srila Prabhupada sprinkled throughout the months;
- 1,080 short video clips extracted from lectures, conversations, morning walks and interviews, with subtitles in up to 88 languages, sprinkled throughout the months;
- 13,350+ concise statements, drawn from Srila Prabhupada's lectures, conversations and letters, highlighted within quoteboxes;
- For further study on the different subjects addressed, each statement links to the various categories in our thematic section of Vanipedia named Vaniquotes.
These statements from the Days in the Life of Srila Prabhupada offer unparalleled insights into his devotional character; his vision to re-spiritualize human society; his dedication to translate, publish & distribute his books; his expertise to tirelessly lead & manage his worldwide movement; his empowered ability to encourage, care for, train & clearly communicate the disciplines he expects from all his disciples as he engages them in their pursuit of Krsna consciousness & performance of missionary activities. Through all these situations one can also experience how Srila Prahhupada consistently represents the pure teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associates.
- See also: A Month in the Life of Srila Prabhupada.
1968 - April 09
|Milk and salt should never be mixed, it is improper, and will cause leprosy. But salt can be mixed with yogurt.|
|I requested Pradyumna to learn Sanskrit very seriously. He has got the aptitude, and I hope he may come out very successful. Yes, everyone of us should be ideal to the other so everyone can get impetus to make progress more and more.|
1969 - April 09
1970 - April 09
1971 - April 09
|To offer the highest respects to the Supreme Person and as much respect to the Spiritual Master, makes one bona fide to receive spiritual knowledge by revelation; that is the injunction of the Vedas.|
1972 - April 09
|Now, with this dress you look so beautiful. This Vedic dress is also nice, very beautiful. It increases the beauty hundred times by this dress.|
|Always remember that we are selling books not for making business but for pleasing Krsna, and by preaching we should sell books, not by cheating.|
|I do not force anyone. After all, you are only working so hard to please Krsna only out of love for me, so there can be no question of force if love is there.|
|We should not ever try to force anyone or reduce our Society to an impersonal business exchange, this will kill everything. Our only purpose in every endeavor is simply to make advancement in spiritual life or in pleasing Krsna.|
1973 - April 09
|I am now here in New York temple where things are going on very nicely, but I am anxious to have from you the report of the Bhopal activities. Please write to me here at your earliest.|
1974 - April 09
1975 - April 09
|I am advising my men in Vrndavana to begin the function (of inaugurating Krsna-Balarama Temple) from the 16th of April as desired by you. Thanking you for your suggestion.|
1976 - April 09
|Give up the connection with woman is recommended. So in our Society it will be a good test. We are mixed up with men and women. If you, in spite of this allurement, if you do not become attracted by woman, then you should know you are paramahaṁsa.|
|If we are sincerely Kṛṣṇa conscious, if we believe Kṛṣṇa... We have to believe. You believe or not believe, the words of Kṛṣṇa cannot be false. That's a fact. You may be rascal, you do not believe, but those who are dhīra, they believe. They believe.|